Old 10-19-2011, 10:43 PM

Unhappy My yahoo won't let me sign in

On Dell Vostro3550, Windows 7, and IE9 I can log into and sign on to the main yahoo page. When I try to go to my yahoo, it doesn't recognize me and says I have to sign in. I have deleted cookies, etc. several times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I cannot sign on to my custom yahoo page on this computer. It is unaffected on my other computers running XP or even on my Ipad. I just keep going in circles. This all started with my receiving an error message saying I didn't have permission to access "that URL" when I clicked on a news item. I was trying to fix that when the above situation developed.
You all have helped me greatly before, so here I am again, beggin assistance once more! Juanita
Old 10-19-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm here to learn

Junita I had that problem and solved it
wonder if yours is same as mine
It was a problem with NoScript & here's how i resolved the problem

It was NoScript''s clickclicking I had it hidden so that when a page came up with it I couldn't clear it

go to NoScript ->Notification tab & at bottom of page make sure clearclick warning is ticked and each time it pops up allow it

hope this helps

HP laptop g7-2010nr
Processor 2.3 GHz Core i3-2350M
RAM 6 GB SDRAM----Hard Drive 640 GB
Wind7 Home Premium 64-bit--Intel Processor

windows firewall----avast-free
Malwarebytes----SpywareBlaster---SAS
FireFox 33.11
Old 10-20-2011, 12:07 AM
HI Y'ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita333 View Post
On Dell Vostro3550, Windows 7, and IE9 I can log into and sign on to the main yahoo page. When I try to go to my yahoo, it doesn't recognize me and says I have to sign in. I have deleted cookies, etc. several times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I cannot sign on to my custom yahoo page on this computer. It is unaffected on my other computers running XP or even on my Ipad. I just keep going in circles. This all started with my receiving an error message saying I didn't have permission to access "that URL" when I clicked on a news item. I was trying to fix that when the above situation developed.
You all have helped me greatly before, so here I am again, beggin assistance once more! Juanita
Juanita....

Are you using the New Yahoo Mail or the Classic Version? What exactly happens when you try to sign on to your "custom Yahoo page"? Do you get an error message? If so, what are the exact words of the error message?

LENOVA IDEA CENTRE H-420; 4 gbs memory; Windows 7 HP 64 bit;
Firefox 29.1, Avast Free, Spybot, SpywareBlaster, MBA-M, Windows Firewall
Old 10-20-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny View Post
Juanita....

Are you using the New Yahoo Mail or the Classic Version? What exactly happens when you try to sign on to your "custom Yahoo page"? Do you get an error message? If so, what are the exact words of the error message?
I have used both mails with the same results. There is no error message. It just returns me to the my yahoo page and tells me to log in, over and over again. I cannot open my bookmarks, I cannot make changes to the page permanent, and I cannot click on a news story link to have it open so I could read the whole article. I am just never signed in.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugee View Post
Junita I had that problem and solved it
wonder if yours is same as mine
It was a problem with NoScript & here's how i resolved the problem

It was NoScript''s clickclicking I had it hidden so that when a page came up with it I couldn't clear it

go to NoScript ->Notification tab & at bottom of page make sure clearclick warning is ticked and each time it pops up allow it

hope this helps
Thanks , Sugee. Not sure what NoScript is, but I will check in the morning.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Uber Member

I don't use Yahoo, but here's their help site.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/ans...st_appeal.html
8GB RAm
1 TB HD
Old 10-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Almost Really Old Member

One thing you said earlier is you deleted cookies. You have to allow cookies, 1st party cookies or you will never be remembered. 1st party cookies, especially on a log on page acts as your "ID" really. The web site sees the 1st party cookie and "knows" that it knows you in a way. So you DO need to allow those 1st party cookies and not delete them.
Second thing to try, Go to Tools, Options, Security and lower the security setting to Medium.
Third thing go to Tools, Manage Addons and disable all the Addons there. After doing all of the above then close IE, re-open and try again. Report back.

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.34.0, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 10-20-2011, 12:55 AM
HI Y'ALL

Beside the above suggestions, try clearing your cache...

Tools > Internet Options > Click on Delete under Browsing History > Check Temporary Internet Files > Click Delete >click OK button at the bottom.
Close and restart your browser.

Last edited by Penny; 10-20-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Penny, if she keeps deleting cookies as she has said she has done there won't be any 1st party cookies. Those are the ones that help you when you want to sign in.

Go to Internet Options either in the control panel or from your browser click on tools, Internet options.
Click on the Privacy tab.

Click on the "Sites" button and look through the blocked sites and make sure that there are no Yahoo sites and if there are, right click on it and select allow. Then close the dialog box.

The second place to look, But Click on the security tab. Select restricted sites, then select sites. you will notice that whatever site you are looking at is in the input box, delete it or you will never go there again, either. now, scroll down to see if any yahoo sites are restricted. Make sure that if you allow it that it is spelled right (Not "yahaa" for instance).

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.34.0, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 10-20-2011, 01:16 AM
HI Y'ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
Penny, if she keeps deleting cookies as she has said she has done there won't be any 1st party cookies. Those are the ones that help you when you want to sign in.

Go to Internet Options either in the control panel or from your browser click on tools, Internet options.
Click on the Privacy tab.

Click on the "Sites" button and look through the blocked sites and make sure that there are no Yahoo sites and if there are, right click on it and select allow. Then close the dialog box.

The second place to look, But Click on the security tab. Select restricted sites, then select sites. you will notice that whatever site you are looking at is in the input box, delete it or you will never go there again, either. now, scroll down to see if any yahoo sites are restricted. Make sure that if you allow it that it is spelled right (Not "yahaa" for instance).
Yep...you are right! I thought about it as I was getting ready for bed and came back down to change my post to have her just clear TIF's
Your quick.....and already posted by the time I came back to change it.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:20 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
What is the exact error message you are receiving?
Are you using a shortcut to access Yahoo? If so, use the address bar. Go to the Yahoo site by typing it in. Then try signing it. If you are successful delete the old shortcut and add a new.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:29 AM

Thanks everyone for your help and direction. I am at work now, and will try these this evening. I will report back later. Thanks, again. Juanita
Old 10-20-2011, 06:46 PM

Well folks, I am sad to say that nothing that you all have suggested has made any difference:
I do not have NoScript
I had already deleted the cookies, so I couldn't do anything about that.
I reset the security setting to medium
There were NO sites that were blocked in Sites or Security.
I typed yahoo and my yahoo after deleting the icon

AND, this is the banner that never goes away:
"Sign in to permanently save changes you make on My Yahoo!.Sign In" It never recognizes my sign in.

There are no error messages. I just cannot use my yahoo for anything on this one laptop!

I hope someone has other ideas. I am nearly nuts over this. Thanks, so far. Juanita
Old 10-20-2011, 06:52 PM
MikeN.

Try another browser like Firefox. Should always have a back up browser in case of problems, plus FF is a much safer,faster browser anyways

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Old 10-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Junior Senior Member

Quote:
Well folks, I am sad to say that nothing that you all have suggested has made any difference:
I do not have NoScript
I had already deleted the cookies, so I couldn't do anything about that.
I reset the security setting to medium
There were NO sites that were blocked in Sites or Security.
I typed yahoo and my yahoo after deleting the icon

AND, this is the banner that never goes away:
"Sign in to permanently save changes you make on My Yahoo!.Sign In" It never recognizes my sign in.

There are no error messages. I just cannot use my yahoo for anything on this one laptop!

I hope someone has other ideas. I am nearly nuts over this. Thanks, so far. Juanita
Did you change the cookie settings as suggested, to keep first party cookies?

If you did, you should be remembered the SECOND time you go to the web page. Obviously, the first time you go to the page there is no cookie, because you have deleted it, but signing in the first time will recreate the cookie, which then WON"T be deleted when you close the page.

Paul D

Intel Core Duo @ 900 MHz, 1070Gb HDs, 2gb Ram, DVDRW, Vista Home Premium, 2 x 24" Widescreen ASUS LED/LCD Monitors, HDTV Card, ADSL2
Old 10-20-2011, 10:29 PM

It appears that I only deleted the Temp Internet Files. And, I cannot sign in on IE9 so it cannot remember me.
I downloaded Firefox again and this time it worked. Before it wouldn't open, when I was in the middle of all of this. Obviously I won't be using IE9 at all since I cannot. Everything is working on FF so far. The problem with IE9 is not fixed and it is a mystery. Yahoo can't even figure out what I am trying to tell them, so I guess I lost this one.
Thank you all so much for your kind help and attention, and Firefox it will be for me on this computer! Juanita
Old 10-20-2011, 10:34 PM
MikeN.

Quote:
It appears that I only deleted the Temp Internet Files. And, I cannot sign in on IE9 so it cannot remember me.
I downloaded Firefox again and this time it worked. Before it wouldn't open, when I was in the middle of all of this. Obviously I won't be using IE9 at all since I cannot. Everything is working on FF so far. The problem with IE9 is not fixed and it is a mystery. Yahoo can't even figure out what I am trying to tell them, so I guess I lost this one.
Thank you all so much for your kind help and attention, and Firefox it will be for me on this computer! Juanita
Should add some add'ons for extra security and speed like Adblock plus, WOT etc. bunch of them on this link.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ranoiapackage/

Also, check your cookie settings, by default they are wrong, see the attachment
Attached Images
File Type: png FIREFOX COOKIE SETTINGS.png (42.8 KB, 42 views)
Old 10-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
The problem with IE9 is not fixed and it is a mystery. Yahoo can't even figure out what I am trying to tell them, so I guess I lost this one.
Juanita
I think you did the correct thing in choosing Firefox, however, there ARE some web sites that do require the use of IE so it really should be fixed in case you have to go to one of those web sites.

Begin by resetting IE9. When you do this all IE 9 settings return to the state they were in when Internet Explorer was first installed on your computer.
Make sure Internet Explorer is completely closed. Do NOT use the shortcut icon on the desktop or task bar to open it.
Open IE using the Start Menu this way. Click Start and in the search box type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
When it opens then click on Tools, Internet Options, Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
Select the Delete personal settings check box.
In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.

Close Internet Explorer.

Open Internet Explorer again the same way and see if you can go to and sign into Yahoo. You will have to navigate there by typing the address into the address bar because all settings should have been reverted back to their original states.

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 10-20-2011, 11:55 PM

Plain Yahoo recognizes me when I sign in. After doing the step by step that jholland suggested, MY YAHOO still will not recognize me and the banner telling me to sign in repeats over and over again. I CAN use IE9 from "YAHOO", but NOT "MY YAHOO".
Old 10-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
Plain Yahoo recognizes me when I sign in. After doing the step by step that jholland suggested, MY YAHOO still will not recognize me and the banner telling me to sign in repeats over and over again. I CAN use IE9 from "YAHOO", but NOT "MY YAHOO".
From what I can find many, many people are having this very same problem. The only advice given on Yahoo is use another browser. I found countless questions on this very same problem and each and every one had that same answer.

Were you ever able to use IE 9 and acccess MyYahoo on this computer?

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up

Tags
my yahoo won't sign me in, yahoo