Old 02-02-2012, 09:42 PM

No Download tab for YouTube video

Hi,
I don't get back as often as I used to; but you guys have always been a great help in the past. This past week, I've been trying to fix something that just started somehow. I have been downloading videos etc from Youtube using my Realplayer downloader for quite some time. I now find that the "download this video" is not on the menu when I right-click.
No, I've already been through the "preferences" and "manage add-ons" routine; to no avail. I even uninstalled RP and re-installed it. There just seems to be something blocking my download option. I use McAfee security and have for some time. To my knowlege, nothing has changed. My wife's laptop will give me the download option, but this desktop has quit.
Any ideas other than the standard "preferences" and "manage add-ons" ???
Thanks in advance. I'm betting on you guys.....

Win7 Ultimate 64bit; Gigabyte A55M-DS2 ; Creative Labs Audiology; 4GB RAM;
Roxio Easy Media 10; Office XP; McAfee Security; I-Clean; DSL;Nero 8 ....and enough "utilities" to cause myself trouble if not careful......
Old 02-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Retired Computer Techo

Try this http://www.freemake.com/free_video_downloader/ instead.

Sorry but i rarely go to youtube.
2.67 GHz Intel Core2 Quad 2GB RAM, 150GB + 500GB + 2TB SATA + 1TB Ext, DVD-RW, WinXP Pro (SP3), IE7, Avira, Outpost Firewall, Nero 7, Office XP. Cable. Pics of my Radar & Parrish now retired therapy dogs below.
Google is your friend

Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Learning everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad_songwriter View Post
Hi,
I don't get back as often as I used to; but you guys have always been a great help in the past. This past week, I've been trying to fix something that just started somehow. I have been downloading videos etc from Youtube using my Realplayer downloader for quite some time. I now find that the "download this video" is not on the menu when I right-click.
No, I've already been through the "preferences" and "manage add-ons" routine; to no avail. I even uninstalled RP and re-installed it. There just seems to be something blocking my download option. I use McAfee security and have for some time. To my knowlege, nothing has changed. My wife's laptop will give me the download option, but this desktop has quit.
For Firefox, this works https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...dl-mostpopular

Kind words don't wear out the tongue
Old 02-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Life's Tough,Get A Helmet

Quote:
Hi,
Do you have Real Player 11? If so...move the mouse over the video, you will see a button over the video Download This Video. Click the button and it saves the video in your download library.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture Real Player.JPG (76.4 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by Kassie; 02-03-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Learning everyday

Quote:
Hi,
You might need to download an older version http://www.oldapps.com/real.php of it because the same thing happened to me & others I know.
We just used the video downloadhelper I linked to in my other post.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Not certain why information for Firefox has been given, don't see anywhere that OP has stated he is using Firefox, also don't the reason why an old version of Real Player would need to be installed, especially since Real Player Info itself says most recent version of the program must be used for all of this to work correctly.

Here is the actual information from Real Player concerning this issue. since the poster states in his sig he is running XP of course the info below given for IE 9 would not apply so that can be ignored:
Quote:
Why doesn't the Download This Video button appear on videos that I am watching?

The supported web browsers for Download This Video are:

Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8, and 9
Firefox 3.6 and higher
Google Chrome 4.0 and higher
Firefox 8 and 9: In Firefox 8 and 9, add-ons installed by third-party programs—including RealPlayer's Download and Record plug-in—are disabled by default. Go to Add-ons in your Firefox menu (or Tools if you're on Windows XP), enable the plug-in, and restart Firefox.
Chrome 14: We've resolved the incompatibility issue affecting Chrome 14. Please update to the latest build of RealPlayer by clicking the RealPlayer logo in the upper left of your player, and click "Check for Update".

Generally, the Download This Video button will appear only if all of the following are true:

You have the latest build of RealPlayer.
The plugin is installed on the browser you are using.
The plugin is enabled on the browser you are using.
The plugin is enabled in RealPlayer.
The website is not preventing viewers from downloading their content. (If your download consists only of an ad or just a few seconds of the video, then the video is not available for download.)

Note: If you use IE or Firefox, Download This Video will not work if your browser is set to Private Browsing. Please close and re-launch the browser window and try again.

To open a test video in a new page, click here. Play the video.
If the Download This Video button does not appear (on the test clip or any other clip), right-click on the video. The menu should include "Download This Video to RealPlayer". Sometimes the right-click option will work when the Download This Video button does not appear.

If you are still experiencing problems, follow the steps below to ensure that all your Player and browser settings are correct.

Note: After downloading a new build of RealPlayer, updating your browser, or enabling any plugins, restart your computer and then try your video download again.

To download the latest version of RealPlayer, go to www.real.com or:

1. Open RealPlayer.
2. Click the RealPlayer logo (in RealPlayer SP, click Tools instead).
3. Click Check for Update.
4. Check the box next to RealPlayer.

If you don't see RealPlayer in the available updates, you most likely have the latest version.

To enable the plugin in RealPlayer:

1. Open RealPlayer.
2. Click Tools, then Preferences. (In the New RealPlayer, click the RealPlayer logo in the upper left, then Preferences.)
3. Make sure that Download & Recording is set to Enabled.
Make sure Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed Browsers is checked and under Show the Download This Video button either "on page load" or "only on mouse-over" is selected.

If "don't show" is selected, you will have to right-click on any video to see the Download option.
Now check that the plugin is enabled in your browsers, follow the instructions for your browser (IE, Firefox, or Chrome):

Internet Explorer:

1. Click Tools.
2. Select Manage Add-ons.
3. Locate RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer.
4. Ensure that it says "Enabled" under the Status column.
5. If it is disabled, click on the plugin.
6. In the lower portion of the window, select Enable and click OK.
(You will need to close and reopen Internet Explorer.)

Firefox

1. Click the Tools menu.
2. Select Add-ons.
3. Locate the RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin.
4. If the button says "Disable" that means the plugin is currently enabled.
5. If the button says "Enable", click that button.
6. Click the Restart Firefox button.

Google Chrome

1. Click the Tools menu (the wrench).
2. Select Extensions.
3. Locate the RealPlayer HTML5Video Downloader Extension.
4. If the link says "Disable" that means the extension is currently enabled.
5. If the link says "Enable", click that link.

If you have tried these steps are still not seeing the Download This Video button, or if you can download some videos but not others, there is a chance that the website that you are viewing does not allow video downloads or that specific video has been blocked by the content provider.
5. Click Install Updates.

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.32.0.3, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 02-03-2012, 04:10 PM

Hi again and thanks for the input. I tried to be brief earlier and didn't give all the info. I'm running a dual boot with XP and Win7. I have tried the latest RP on each and now have RP 15 on the XP OP. My gut feeling is that something is blocking the download option. I have checked the usual "permission" options on RP properties, so that is not a problem. I know there are other options for downloading Youtube videos, but the RP option is convenient for me and I would like to fix it. I will be sure to post anything that fixes it for me. I thought about doing a reset of IE, but haven't yet. No viruses or such have been found on my system. Thanks again and I am still open for suggestions.

Roxio Easy Media 10; Office XP; McAfee Security; I-Clean; DSL;Nero 8 ....and enough "utilities" to cause myself trouble if not careful......
Old 02-03-2012, 04:18 PM

Update!! Guys, I don't know what happened; I don't know of anything I did, but I can tell you that after just checking, the RP download tab is working in IE and Firefox. I guess I'll just take it for what it's worth and be thankful it appears to be fixed. Thanks again to all of you good folks!

Old 02-03-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Update!! Guys, I don't know what happened; I don't know of anything I did, but I can tell you that after just checking, the RP download tab is working in IE and Firefox. I guess I'll just take it for what it's worth and be thankful it appears to be fixed. Thanks again to all of you good folks!
Glad to hear it songwrite. sometimes an unexplainable glitch happens.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Almost Really Old Member

As Kassie said, sometimes these unexplainable glitches happen and often we never know. I think, though I can't prove it, that there is likely a "secret hidden U.G. button" installed on all computers that, when we mistakenly hit that UG button, we get an Unexplainable Glitch which of course causes whatever it is we want to use to not work and then of course we also say UGh!

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.32.0.3, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 02-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Learning everyday

Quote:
I wish you well & have an awesome day.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
As Kassie said, sometimes these unexplainable glitches happen and often we never know. I think, though I can't prove it, that there is likely a "secret hidden U.G. button" installed on all computers that, when we mistakenly hit that UG button, we get an Unexplainable Glitch which of course causes whatever it is we want to use to not work and then of course we also say UGh!
Good explanation, Judy.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Learning everyday

Have a beautiful Winter, what may be left of it

Old 02-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Still Hanging Around

testing

Tims Computer Specs