Old 03-10-2012, 10:35 AM

Removing The Weather Channel App

I made the mistake of installing the Weather Channel app on my computer, realized that I did not like it and immediately uninstalled it, using Revo Uninstaller. However, every time I start my computer, the Weather Channel comes back! I have searched everywhere on the computer but cannot find any sign of it, I looked in all my browser add-ons and plug in's, add/remove programs and nothing shows.
Does anyone know how I can get rid of this pest?
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
Mozilla Firefox Preferred Browser
Old 03-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Learning everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahduncu View Post
I made the mistake of installing the Weather Channel app on my computer, realized that I did not like it and immediately uninstalled it, using Revo Uninstaller. However, every time I start my computer, the Weather Channel comes back! I have searched everywhere on the computer but cannot find any sign of it, I looked in all my browser add-ons and plug in's, add/remove programs and nothing shows.
Does anyone know how I can get rid of this pest?
Did you try this http://www.weather.com/services/desk...ll_faq.html#13

Kind words don't wear out the tongue
Old 03-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Uber Member

Not sure if this is what you are looking for...

How do I remove Desktop weather from my desktop?

To remove or uninstall Desktop Weather from your computer, click on "Start" - "Programs" - "The Weather Channel" - "Desktop Weather". Then click on the Uninstall program. Follow the prompts to remove Desktop Weather.

You may also remove the application by clicking on "Start", followed by "Settings", then "Control Panel." Then click on "Add/Remove Programs." From the list, select "The Weather Channel," and then click on "Add/Remove." Follow the prompts to uninstall the application.

To remove Weather Services from your PC, you click on "Start" - "Settings" - "Control Panel". Double click on the "Desktop Weather" weather services icon, then click on the "Uninstall Weather Services" button. This should remove any remaining elements from your system.
8GB RAm
1 TB HD
Old 03-10-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by billm65 View Post
Not sure if this is what you are looking for...

How do I remove Desktop weather from my desktop?

To remove or uninstall Desktop Weather from your computer, click on "Start" - "Programs" - "The Weather Channel" - "Desktop Weather". Then click on the Uninstall program. Follow the prompts to remove Desktop Weather.

You may also remove the application by clicking on "Start", followed by "Settings", then "Control Panel." Then click on "Add/Remove Programs." From the list, select "The Weather Channel," and then click on "Add/Remove." Follow the prompts to uninstall the application.

To remove Weather Services from your PC, you click on "Start" - "Settings" - "Control Panel". Double click on the "Desktop Weather" weather services icon, then click on the "Uninstall Weather Services" button. This should remove any remaining elements from your system.
I was able to find the app in Windows Explorer and deleted it and that seems to have done the trick. I rebooted and it did not appear again.
Thanks for all your prompt help, I did not think to look on the website of the Weather Channel for the answer!
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
Old 03-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Uber Member

Quote:
I was able to find the app in Windows Explorer and deleted it and that seems to have done the trick. I rebooted and it did not appear again.
Thanks for all your prompt help, I did not think to look on the website of the Weather Channel for the answer!
Glad you got it fixed.
8GB RAm
1 TB HD
Old 03-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Almost Really Old Member

Ahduncu, you use Firefox. I use the addon Forecastfox. It works great! Gives current weather for your zip code and any others you may choose, five day forcast, shows current weather warnings or alerts for your area, you can get the local radar, just about anything "weather" you can think of, displays right on the browser itself. Once you install it and in the Addons Manager choose the Forcastfox options button then you can set everything you want in there, including where you want it to show I have mine in my very top upper right corner.

http://www.getforecastfox.com/

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.33.1.1, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 03-12-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
Ahduncu, you use Firefox. I use the addon Forecastfox. It works great! Gives current weather for your zip code and any others you may choose, five day forcast, shows current weather warnings or alerts for your area, you can get the local radar, just about anything "weather" you can think of, displays right on the browser itself. Once you install it and in the Addons Manager choose the Forcastfox options button then you can set everything you want in there, including where you want it to show I have mine in my very top upper right corner.

http://www.getforecastfox.com/
I have installed it but whenever I leave Firefox, it forgets everything and does not reappear until I go back and set it's options. This happens every time I log off Firefox. I just checked the add-on and it is set for what I want but does not show on my desktop. What am I doing wrong?
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
Old 03-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Learning everyday

Quote:
I have installed it but whenever I leave Firefox, it forgets everything and does not reappear until I go back and set it's options. This happens every time I log off Firefox. I just checked the add-on and it is set for what I want but does not show on my desktop. What am I doing wrong?
If you want weather, go to www.wunderground.com put your zip code in & you can click FULL SCREEN at the top & & then you'll see the settings at the top so you can see where the clouds are,rain & or temps. I've been using it for years & love it.

Kind words don't wear out the tongue
Old 03-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
The Forecastfox addon doesn't show on the desktop, it shows on the browser. If you mean it doesn't show on Firefox after you close and reopen Firefox make sure that you have the Addon Toolbar turned on Right Click at the top of Firefox and make sure the Addons bar is enabled.

If you want something to only show on the desktop Windows 7 has a built in gadget that will give you temp and three days forcast. Right click desktop, choose gadgets, when the box opens you will see one of the choices is Weather. Double click and it will be placed on your desktop. Click the Wrench to get the option where you type in your zip code. If you want the multi day forcast then Right click and Choose Size Large, otherwise it will only show present weather.

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.33.1.1, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 03-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Still Hanging Around

I use WeatherMate on one of my computers and am very happy with it. http://www.freewarefiles.com/Weather...ram_33944.html

Tims Computer Specs
Old 03-12-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
The Forecastfox addon doesn't show on the desktop, it shows on the browser. If you mean it doesn't show on Firefox after you close and reopen Firefox make sure that you have the Addon Toolbar turned on Right Click at the top of Firefox and make sure the Addons bar is enabled.

If you want something to only show on the desktop Windows 7 has a built in gadget that will give you temp and three days forcast. Right click desktop, choose gadgets, when the box opens you will see one of the choices is Weather. Double click and it will be placed on your desktop. Click the Wrench to get the option where you type in your zip code. If you want the multi day forcast then Right click and Choose Size Large, otherwise it will only show present weather.
The Add-on bar did it. Thanks all for the information.
4 GB Ram
320 GB Hard Drive
Old 03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Almost Really Old Member

Quote:
The Add-on bar did it. Thanks all for the information.
Thought that was probably it. Happy to help!

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1

Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up