#21  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Julie158 Julie158 is offline
Major Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 845
I can't remember positively but I do think it only happens on Facebook. I'll keep a better eye on it to make sure.
__________________
Julie
Windows 7
IE10
Avast
Cable
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:20 PM
jholland1964's Avatar
jholland1964 jholland1964 is online now
Almost Really Old Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Middle
Posts: 30,749
Your attachment shows other items running at the same time. You have two IE tabs there, don't know if something running in the other tab could cause this or not.
There is another item in the task bar also besides IE, not sure what that is or if it could trigger this.
Some of those facebook ads may also have some Flash Player "items" running, don't know for sure. I use Firefox so I don't see any of those ads because I use AdBlockerPlus. Do know that some ads do have Flash material on them though.
__________________

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.32.1, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*


Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Julie158 Julie158 is offline
Major Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
Your attachment shows other items running at the same time. You have two IE tabs there, don't know if something running in the other tab could cause this or not.
There is another item in the task bar also besides IE, not sure what that is or if it could trigger this.
Some of those facebook ads may also have some Flash Player "items" running, don't know for sure. I use Firefox so I don't see any of those ads because I use AdBlockerPlus. Do know that some ads do have Flash material on them though.
2 IE tabs? Where exactly?
How can you tell other items are running at the same time?
__________________
Julie
Windows 7
IE10
Avast
Cable
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Funtimes's Avatar
Funtimes Funtimes is offline
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At my house
Posts: 1,608
Look at the bottom of your screen shot. You will see to IE tabs there.
__________________
Dell Vostro 200 core 2 duo CPU 2.20GHz. Dual boot 8.1 Pro with Media Center Pack and 7 Pro (Separate HD's). Office 2003, 3 GB of RAM. MSE, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, Spybot, Windows Firewall.
Both OS have the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-23-2013, 12:19 AM
Julie158 Julie158 is offline
Major Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 845
From left to right.. Libraries, pop up to start up Windows Live Mail, messenger, Movie maker and Windows Live photo Gallery. Then E for IE and then my email.
On the right to left is AVG, email, battery%, messages for action center like maintenance, Belkin and WiFi.

I don't see 2 IE
__________________
Julie
Windows 7
IE10
Avast
Cable
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-23-2013, 12:37 AM
BigToe BigToe is offline
Happy Retiree
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 'Shake & Bake' So Calif, USA
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie158 View Post
2 IE tabs? Where exactly?
How can you tell other items are running at the same time?
The 2 tabs you have open in your screen shot are Facebook and another to a site about fungal skin infections..... the 2 tab addresses are on the very top line next to the url/address bar for your Facebook page.....

You only have one instance of IE showing down on the Task bar at the very bottom line of the screen shot which shows the other pages you have opened in your browser... The little e for Internet Explorer is a little deceptive in that it shows like an icon on top of another e icon (or a double e icon), but that is only because you have 2 tabs open... If you were to close the Fungal tab or the Facebook tab, then that double e on the Taskbar would become a single little e icon with no shadow appearance.... Other browsers, like Firefox or Chrome, only show a single icon down on the taskbar whether you have multiple tabs open or not... The other icons down there on the taskbar are as you noted for email, etc. which you also have open...
__________________
__________________________________
AT&T FIOS, Win7x64, Firefox 32/IE11/Chrome, 4GB RAM, Win7 FW, Disconnect add-on, Avast 9 A-V, MBA-M, SpywareBlaster
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-23-2013, 02:57 AM
Sunny's Avatar
Sunny Sunny is offline
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 37,488
What other add-ons, toolbars, extensions do you have installed?
Have you tried clearing your browser cache? You might also try resetting IE to the default settings, be aware that if you do you would loose any customizations and would need to reinstall any addons, etc that you have.
__________________
~Sunny
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-23-2013, 09:01 AM
jholland1964's Avatar
jholland1964 jholland1964 is online now
Almost Really Old Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Middle
Posts: 30,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie158 View Post
2 IE tabs? Where exactly?
How can you tell other items are running at the same time?
Here's a print screen to show what Funtimes and Big Toe have stated in their posts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IE two tabs.jpg (83.2 KB, 42 views)
__________________

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.32.1, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*


Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Julie158 Julie158 is offline
Major Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
Here's a print screen to show what Funtimes and Big Toe have stated in their posts.
Thanks, I did finally get that through my head! I understand now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
What other add-ons, toolbars, extensions do you have installed?
Have you tried clearing your browser cache? You might also try resetting IE to the default settings, be aware that if you do you would loose any customizations and would need to reinstall any addons, etc that you have.

I just went to my "manage add-on's" under tools and holy crap! I can't figure out how to open the window to show all of them. I want to print picture.

I am shocked. I have ones I never heard of. I'm so careful about downloading or not opening any attachments I get through email. But...this is the 1st one.
"Coupon Companion Plugin"
"WeCareReminderClass" Plus wecarereminderclass add-on. "Shockwave Active X" etc.
Some on "run without permission" they are a lot too. One is "Name WildTangent WTApp Namespace Detector
Publisher WildTangent Inc
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

I'm almost positive this wild tangent is some kind of virus. Right? I diabled it.

How do I open this window so I can see all of them at once?
I have so much I don't know if they're ligit or not.
__________________
Julie
Windows 7
IE10
Avast
Cable
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Funtimes's Avatar
Funtimes Funtimes is offline
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At my house
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie158 View Post
Thanks, I did finally get that through my head! I understand now.




I just went to my "manage add-on's" under tools and holy crap! I can't figure out how to open the window to show all of them. I want to print picture.

I am shocked. I have ones I never heard of. I'm so careful about downloading or not opening any attachments I get through email. But...this is the 1st one.
"Coupon Companion Plugin"
"WeCareReminderClass" Plus wecarereminderclass add-on. "Shockwave Active X" etc.
Some on "run without permission" they are a lot too. One is "Name WildTangent WTApp Namespace Detector
Publisher WildTangent Inc
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

I'm almost positive this wild tangent is some kind of virus. Right? I diabled it.

How do I open this window so I can see all of them at once?
I have so much I don't know if they're ligit or not.
Don't think you can open that window to show them all. Have to scroll and see them.

Look in your Control Panel and see if any of them show in there. You can uninstall them from there. Some things may not uninstall. Let us know.
__________________
Dell Vostro 200 core 2 duo CPU 2.20GHz. Dual boot 8.1 Pro with Media Center Pack and 7 Pro (Separate HD's). Office 2003, 3 GB of RAM. MSE, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, Spybot, Windows Firewall.
Both OS have the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Julie158 Julie158 is offline
Major Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtimes View Post
Don't think you can open that window to show them all. Have to scroll and see them.

Look in your Control Panel and see if any of them show in there. You can uninstall them from there. Some things may not uninstall. Let us know.
Ok, deleted the coupon plug in.
I looked up these and still not sure what they are.

"cyberlink you cam" is that for Skype? I don't use it.
"Evernote v 4.2.3 not sure what that is either.
"Blio" ??
"ASPCA reminder by we-care" I think I can get rid of that one.
"AMDA Catalyst install manager"

I think the rest are ok. Microsoft and HP, Adobe and wi fi.
__________________
Julie
Windows 7
IE10
Avast
Cable
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 PM
jholland1964's Avatar
jholland1964 jholland1964 is online now
Almost Really Old Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Middle
Posts: 30,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie158 View Post
Thanks, I did finally get that through my head! I understand now.
I just went to my "manage add-on's" under tools and holy crap! I can't figure out how to open the window to show all of them. I want to print picture.

I am shocked. I have ones I never heard of. I'm so careful about downloading or not opening any attachments I get through email. But...this is the 1st one.
"Coupon Companion Plugin"
"WeCareReminderClass" Plus wecarereminderclass add-on. "Shockwave Active X" etc.
Some on "run without permission" they are a lot too. One is "Name WildTangent WTApp Namespace Detector
Publisher WildTangent Inc
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

I'm almost positive this wild tangent is some kind of virus. Right? I diabled it.

How do I open this window so I can see all of them at once?
I have so much I don't know if they're ligit or not.
As Funtimes said, you must scroll through that Addon window to see them all.

You have malware on the computer for sure. The two I have bolded in Red are most definitely malware. The WildTangent in bold black is "questionable"
Some computers come today with WildTangent games pre-installed or links to them anyway. Dell computer do, very likely others. Those are generally not questionable really in the strictest sense but can also be removed.

I am not as concerned with that as I am the other two and we need to find out what Others are on there that you were unaware of being there or did not personally install yourself but were installed by either a program you either downloaded or have run online, like a game or something, or by a page you have visited at sometime or other.

You most definitely need to do the following so we can see absolutely what Addons ARE on there and active.

Download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/dds

Be sure follow the instructions below carefully
• If your AV has a script blocker, please disable it
• DoubleClick on dds.scr to run the tool
* A command box will open, displaying added information for your reading pleasure while DDS completes its scan.
* Upon completion, a Dialog Box should open instructing you to save and post the TWO resulting logs (DDS.txt & Attach.txt).
Copy&Paste both the DDS.txt and the DDS Attach.txt into your post for assistance.
Notice I say copy/paste BOTH logs. The Attach.txt log says at the top to attach it, please do not attach it but copy/paste it also
Both of these logs are very long and because of that will take multiple replies in order to post them here. Please split the logs carefully as each and every line must be seen.

Post back here with both of those logs and we'll take a look.

EDIT:
Just deleting that Coupon Plugin is definitely not enough.
These below are essentially ok.
Evernote email-clipper is automatically installed in Microsoft Office Outlook and it is OK.
Blio is a free-to-download e-reader software platform.
AMDA Catalyst install manager is for your graphics card. Leave it alone, you need it.
Cyberlink you cam is your web cam, even if you don't use it you don't need to uninstall it if there is a web cam on your computer, you may decide you want to use it at a later date. Nothing wrong with it.

If those are listed as Plugins to your browser they don't need to be plugins, just disable them if you don't use them. Then they are not active. But don't uninstall any of those otherwise, leave them alone for now. None of them would likely be related to your Flash Player problem anyway.
__________________

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.32.1, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*


Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up

Last edited by jholland1964; 04-23-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Added info in response to Julie's latest post
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Julie158 Julie158 is offline
Major Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
As Funtimes said, you must scroll through that Addon window to see them all.

You have malware on the computer for sure. The two I have bolded in Red are most definitely malware. The WildTangent in bold black is "questionable"
Some computers come today with WildTangent games pre-installed or links to them anyway. Dell computer do, very likely others. Those are generally not questionable really in the strictest sense but can also be removed.

I am not as concerned with that as I am the other two and we need to find out what Others are on there that you were unaware of being there or did not personally install yourself but were installed by either a program you either downloaded or have run online, like a game or something, or by a page you have visited at sometime or other.

You most definitely need to do the following so we can see absolutely what Addons ARE on there and active.

Download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/dds

Be sure follow the instructions below carefully
If your AV has a script blocker, please disable it
DoubleClick on dds.scr to run the tool
* A command box will open, displaying added information for your reading pleasure while DDS completes its scan.
* Upon completion, a Dialog Box should open instructing you to save and post the TWO resulting logs (DDS.txt & Attach.txt).
Copy&Paste both the DDS.txt and the DDS Attach.txt into your post for assistance.
Notice I say copy/paste BOTH logs. The Attach.txt log says at the top to attach it, please do not attach it but copy/paste it also
Both of these logs are very long and because of that will take multiple replies in order to post them here. Please split the logs carefully as each and every line must be seen.

Post back here with both of those logs and we'll take a look.

EDIT:
Just deleting that Coupon Plugin is definitely not enough.
These below are essentially ok.
Evernote email-clipper is automatically installed in Microsoft Office Outlook and it is OK.
Blio is a free-to-download e-reader software platform.
AMDA Catalyst install manager is for your graphics card. Leave it alone, you need it.
Cyberlink you cam is your web cam, even if you don't use it you don't need to uninstall it if there is a web cam on your computer, you may decide you want to use it at a later date. Nothing wrong with it.

If those are listed as Plugins to your browser they don't need to be plugins, just disable them if you don't use them. Then they are not active. But don't uninstall any of those otherwise, leave them alone for now. None of them would likely be related to your Flash Player problem anyway.
Boy am I confused. I went into control panal and deleted the coupon plugin. It still shows up on add-ons. I ran the scan. If that is the window you wanted me to copy and paste I wouldn't let me.

I clicked safe and run. I don't think I did this exactly like you told me. I get so nervous doing these things.
Anyhow, I downloaded it and scaned my computer.


What showed was not able to copy.
This was before I ran the scan.
Name X509 Enrollment WebClassFactory
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name X509 Machine Enrollment Factory
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name Free Threaded XML DOM Document 4.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name XML Schema Cache 4.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name XSL Template 4.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name XML Data Source Object 4.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name XML HTTP 4.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name XML DOM Document 6.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name Free Threaded XML DOM Document 6.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name XML Schema Cache 6.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name XSL Template 6.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name Registration Control
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name SharePoint OpenDocuments
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name prturl Class
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name RMGetLicense Class
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name StssyncHandler Class
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name ExportDB Class
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name SharePoint Stssync Handler
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name OleInstall Class
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name Windows Live Mesh ActiveX control for remote connections
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name Windows Live ID Sign-in Control
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name Windows Live Mail and Messenger
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name Windows Live Mail and Messenger
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name Scripting.Dictionary
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name Windows Live Mail and Messenger
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name Free Threaded XML DOM Document 3.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name XML Schema Cache 3.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name XSL Template 3.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name XML Data Source Object 3.0
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name Free Threaded XML DOM Document
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name XML Data Source Object
Publisher Microsoft Corporation
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit

Name WildTangent WTApp Namespace Detector
Publisher WildTangent Inc
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

Name WildTangent WTApp Namespace Detector
Publisher WildTangent Inc
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit

As you can tell I don't have a clue how they got added. I certainly didn't.
After I did the 1st scan with reimage I came up with the attachment. If I wanted to repair my computer I have to pay
1 License, One time repair $1995

Best Value: Unlimited Use and Support for 1 Year $20

Total $3995
__________________
Julie
Windows 7
IE10
Avast
Cable
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-23-2013, 11:40 PM
jholland1964's Avatar
jholland1964 jholland1964 is online now
Almost Really Old Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Middle
Posts: 30,749
Quote:
I ran the scan. If that is the window you wanted me to copy and paste I wouldn't let me....As you can tell I don't have a clue how they got added. I certainly didn't.
After I did the 1st scan with reimage I came up with the attachment. If I wanted to repair my computer I have to pay
1 License, One time repair $1995

Best Value: Unlimited Use and Support for 1 Year $20
You obviously did not read what you were downloading. There was no mention whatsoever in my post about Reimage, which is a Junk program. So it is likely that you now have added more malware to your computer. This is how you are getting malware on the computer by not fully watching or reading what you are downloading. As you see, it is very easy to do unless you pay attention.

The program you were supposed to download and run the 3 minute scan with is called DDS Scanner, as clearly stated in my post. DDS Scanner is FREE as are ALL the programs we ask people to use here. We Never recommend a Paid program when helping to clean up a computer.

What you did was download from an Ad on that page for the junk program Reimage. You saw an ad because you are using a browser without the ability to use AdBlockPlus, which blocks ads like this.


The information you received from that Reimage program is totally useless and 99% of the information it gives you totally false.

Whatever that information is that you posted is not anything we would need to see or even want to see. I don't even know where you got it. As you see, with the exception of Wild Tangent stuff, it is all Microsoft Provided so there is nothing wrong with it. As I also said, for the moment the Wild Tangent stuff is not a problem, it probably came installed on your computer by the manufacturer so that is NOT what we need to see at all.

Uninstall Reimage immediately via Add/Remove. If you can, it may not be possible to do so.

Then go back to the link I gave you and click the BLUE download button to download DDS Scanner. Then follow my original directions. The information needed will be shown to you in TWO notepad logs. We need both of those copy/pasted.

Please look at my attachment to see what the page looks like and what you Should be downloading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DDS Download Page.jpg (76.6 KB, 23 views)
__________________

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.32.1, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*


Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-24-2013, 12:57 AM
jholland1964's Avatar
jholland1964 jholland1964 is online now
Almost Really Old Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Middle
Posts: 30,749
To show one example of what this program Reimage does, I found these posts from another forum:
Quote:
Well, I gave it a spin on my XP installation....
I must say, it's pretty pristine installation with ZERO problems.

Reimage started with installing ActiveX applet, which was expected. But during its run, it kept installing other modules, some of which wanted to become startup processes. This, I really didn't like, and I blocked those attempts with my firewall.
The whole scan took about 10 minutes.
During the scan, which includes security scan, it defined one of my Online Armor firewall file (oaevent.dll) as a trojan!
......I have only one word for "Reimage" - SCAM!
*********
Reimage recently initiated a policy wherein a browser plug-in called “Babylon” is automatically installed on your computer during the course of downloading the Reimage software. I understand that Babylon is a browser plug-in for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. The toolbar overrides default browser settings, does not provide an option to automatically revert to previous settings, and is infamous for the complicated un-installation process. This behavior qualifies the software as malware in many users’ opinions. After failing to complete an uninstall of Babylon, I contacted Reimage support. It took the tech 57 minutes to uninstall Babylon.

It seems that the Reimage repair program is now a kind of Trojan horse that proliferates the Babylon browser technology. For me, the Babylon browser is markedly substandard, objectionable and very difficult to remove from your system. Prior to purchasing Reimage, I would urge all potential customers to research “Babylon” to understand what they’re in for.
So as you see it is Very likely that you now have installed other very serious malware onto your computer. You must follow instructions exactly as given, read what you are downloading, pay close attention that what you want is truly what you are getting.
You have very likely added to, and seriously compounded your previous problems.
__________________

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.32.1, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*


Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Julie158 Julie158 is offline
Major Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholland1964 View Post
You obviously did not read what you were downloading. There was no mention whatsoever in my post about Reimage, which is a Junk program. So it is likely that you now have added more malware to your computer. This is how you are getting malware on the computer by not fully watching or reading what you are downloading. As you see, it is very easy to do unless you pay attention.

The program you were supposed to download and run the 3 minute scan with is called DDS Scanner, as clearly stated in my post. DDS Scanner is FREE as are ALL the programs we ask people to use here. We Never recommend a Paid program when helping to clean up a computer.

What you did was download from an Ad on that page for the junk program Reimage. You saw an ad because you are using a browser without the ability to use AdBlockPlus, which blocks ads like this.
The information you received from that Reimage program is totally useless and 99% of the information it gives you totally false.

Whatever that information is that you posted is not anything we would need to see or even want to see. I don't even know where you got it. As you see, with the exception of Wild Tangent stuff, it is all Microsoft Provided so there is nothing wrong with it. As I also said, for the moment the Wild Tangent stuff is not a problem, it probably came installed on your computer by the manufacturer so that is NOT what we need to see at all.

Uninstall Reimage immediately via Add/Remove. If you can, it may not be possible to do so.

Then go back to the link I gave you and click the BLUE download button to download DDS Scanner. Then follow my original directions. The information needed will be shown to you in TWO notepad logs. We need both of those copy/pasted.

Please look at my attachment to see what the page looks like and what you Should be downloading.
Sorry I screwed it up big time. I was in a hurry and should've waiting,
I uninstalled the Reimage.
I posted what was in my add-on's.
I'll try again tomorrow when I'm fresher,
__________________
Julie
Windows 7
IE10
Avast
Cable
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-24-2013, 01:08 AM
jholland1964's Avatar
jholland1964 jholland1964 is online now
Almost Really Old Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Middle
Posts: 30,749
You absolutely MUST understand here, We absolutely DO need those TWO DDS scan logs in order to help you remove this malware. Just posting the addons that you think you see is absolutely not enough because there ARE others on there that you cannot see, this DDS scan is the First step only.
We absolutely cannot work to remove all this just by going through the tiny list that you have posted. Many of the items you posted in your post #33 are Active X items, not what we necessarily are looking for. You must do this scan to be able to receive assistance in cleaning up your computer.
__________________

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.32.1, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*


Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Penny's Avatar
Penny Penny is offline
HI Y'ALL
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 7,657
Hi Julie....

Sounds like you got a mess; but if you follow Judy's directions to a tee, your computer will be free of all malware/viruses....and running smoothly again.

I know it is scarey to follow someones directions when you don't know them or their track record. I want to assure that you will never go wrong following Judy directions.

She has helped literally hundreds of folks here at WorldStart get their computers clean, so you can rest easy .......she knows what she is doing.

Best wishes

Penny







__________________
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's learning to dance in the rain.
- idk_


LENOVA IDEA CENTRE H-420; 4 gbs memory; Windows 7 HP 64 bit;
Firefox 29.1, Avast Free, Spybot, SpywareBlaster, MBA-M, Windows Firewall
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Julie158 Julie158 is offline
Major Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny View Post
Hi Julie....

Sounds like you got a mess; but if you follow Judy's directions to a tee, your computer will be free of all malware/viruses....and running smoothly again.

I know it is scarey to follow someones directions when you don't know them or their track record. I want to assure that you will never go wrong following Judy directions.

She has helped literally hundreds of folks here at WorldStart get their computers clean, so you can rest easy .......she knows what she is doing.

Best wishes

Penny

Thanks Penny. Is Judy, jholland1964?
I'm back online, Ativan down the throat and will try this again.
Wish me luck.
__________________
Julie
Windows 7
IE10
Avast
Cable
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-24-2013, 01:11 PM
jholland1964's Avatar
jholland1964 jholland1964 is online now
Almost Really Old Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Middle
Posts: 30,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie158 View Post
Thanks Penny. Is Judy, jholland1964?
I'm back online, Ativan down the throat and will try this again.
Wish me luck.
Yep! Take your time, don't do anything you don't understand, ask questions first before acting if you don't understand. I will give you print screens for something if it will help you complete something.
Removing malware is not always a speedy process, sometimes it is, but sometimes it isn't, but we have to see the DDS logs first to decide what else needs to be done and I can say there likely will be some other steps, just need those logs first to be able to decide.
__________________

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Firefox v.32.1, IE11;WLM2012; Avira Free, Windows Firewall, MBAM, SpywareBlaster, SUPERAntispyware

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
*same programs as computer 1 above*


Help Us To Help You

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2011 WorldStart, Inc