Go Back   WorldStart Tech & Computer Help Forums > Digital Imaging

Old 11-28-2003, 12:54 AM

Need Help Please,by tomorrow morning

Walmart has a kodak Easyshare CX4310 digital camera for sale for $99.74
Does anyone know anything about this model? Went to kodaks site and it wasn't listed.
It's 3.2 megapixels. 1.6-inch color LCD and 2x digital zoom. Auto focus and picture orintation. Share button:in-camera picture tagging for printing,e-mail and organizing.
AMD Athlon Processor 265e
1.61GHz,896MB ram,IE7
Nortons antivirus 2009,ccleaner
Old 11-28-2003, 06:45 AM
Sr CRS Member

Talking Good morning, Kathie

After reading all the specs listed for that particular model, it looks like a bargain to me. I have a digital Polaroid with similar specs and I bought it at Wally World for about the same price. You don't really need the "Dock" as you can connect the camera to your computer with the included USB cable. For simple photographs, the 2x zoom should be all you need. Granted, it's not a top of the line camera but if it's your first, it's a good deal.

Good luck and happy shopping!

Rosie
Old 11-28-2003, 09:09 AM
Senior Moment

Hi Kathie,

I have an old Kodac DC-120. The company is great for support. WalMart is great for returns. How can you go wrong? Can't wait to see your photos. Welcome to the world of digital photography.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Uber Member

What's the Camera Dock for is it really needed to get pictures into pc, been wondering about this my self
Accessories Available for This Item

Check the boxes below and then click "Add to Cart" (above) to include any of these items with your order.

Kodak Camera Dock II for 3000/4000 Series Digital Cameras
$77.87

EDGE Digital Media 128 MB Secure Digital Card
$58.64

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...468#long_descr
Old 11-28-2003, 09:53 AM
Mr.Beaker

Actually, Id quite like to buy one of these myself - eldest son has been nagging for his own for some time - but, unfortunately, it would appear that Walmart do not ship internationally. So, if anyone would be willing to do some shopping on my behalf please PM me! I would, of course, send the funds to cover both the cost of the camera and shipping in advance. Cheers!
Old 11-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Have an awesome day!

Well, I fought the crowd this morning and got one of these cameras. I didn't buy the dock, but got a battery charger and more batteries. Sorry Brett. If I would have seen this before I would have contacted you. I got it installed and have been messing with the settings. I have wanted one for a very very long time. I'm not too thrilled with the software so far. I was hoping for some props and such instead of just removing red eye, cropping, lighting, and a few other standards. I think it was a good deal anyway. I am sure I will be asking for tips.

(If you want to keep your sanity and temper intact, I would not recommend going to Walmart at 6 am the day after Thankgiving. )
Old 11-28-2003, 10:58 AM

Thanks so much, hope they still have some left when I get there.
I did the early am thing once, never again, . Will wait till 9:00 and hope they're not sold out.
Thanks again.
1.61GHz,896MB ram,IE7
Old 11-29-2003, 02:15 AM
Muzz Wuz Here

Angel, about the software...there are some really good photo editors that aren't too expensive. I got alot of mine at WorldStart. Alot of the folks here like Picture it, I'm partial to Photo Suite II and Ulead's Photo Express and Photo Impact. I'm sure that we can steer you towards some good deals

HP with 4200+AMD Athalon 64x2Dual Core Processor, 1GB RAM, 250 GB HD, WinXP and pugs at my feet.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:38 AM
Tweet Heart

Just had to tell you. Son works at Best Buy. He drives about 25 minutes to work. Had to get up at 3 this morning to leave at 4 AM to get there for 5. They didn't even open till 6. He said he is only allowed to let 300 in the building at a time because of fire codes, said he let the first 300 in and they were still lined up around the block. Came home with news that a Wallmart in another part of the state, had a riot. Can you imagine. I guess someone even threw a cd player and hit someone in the head. Ended up with 10 police on the site. WoW. I waited and didn't go out till after the rush and still got some good bargains.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:59 AM
Epic Member

Kodak Cam and docks

hi Kathie,
You probly got the camera by now but I'm sure you will love it. That's a fantastic price too.
A friend has a Kodak about 5 years old (2MP), and it takes great pictures.

JohnF,
The docks and cradles available have a wide range of functions. The basic ones recharge the camera batteries, better ones recharge, and upload your pictures to your PC. The best ones do that and print nice pictures.
The really hot $etup is the $tand alone unit that doe$n't require a computer at all, provided all your photo$ are ready to print and don't need editing. You can get very fine print$ at home.
The drawback$- $pecial photo print ink cartridge$, variou$ grade$ of photo paper (none of which are cheap), and not much control over the finished product.

Using the USB cable for uploading is still best if you want to control applications and image manipulations.

Dave
Old 11-29-2003, 05:49 AM
Uber Member

Thanks Dave,
My 6 year old sony uses floppys, a friend has a new kodak that loads thru. the usb, was surprised to see how nice the pictures came out, didn't like the software that came with there camera, had no trouble getting pictures from, my computer folder, camera drive.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:17 PM

Looks like we can still get this camera at the price listed above.
Check out walmart's site.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/cata...4%3A3946%3A3959

Brett, I didn't see anything about a time cut off for this camera at this price so you may still be able to get it.

service Pack 3
1.61GHz,896MB ram,IE7