Old 02-15-2004, 06:58 PM

Unhappy Windows movie maker and finalizing

Hope someone can help me here. I love Windows Movie Maker.....so user friendly for a newbie. Unfortunately, I don't believe this has a capability to finalize a VCD so it will play on a DVD player. I also have Pinnacle Easy CD/DVD. It will finalize but I don't find it a pleasure to use and it grabs my CD/DVD writer when it is installed and I can't seem to get it to let go of it to use in other programs. Is there any way around this? Does WMM finalize? Can I take a movie from WMM and transfer it into Pinnacle as a whole project and just finalize? Thanks for you suggestions.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:57 AM
Uber Member

Re: Windows movie maker and finalizing

Quote:
Originally posted by bielsangelbabe
Hope someone can help me here. I love Windows Movie Maker.....so user friendly for a newbie. Unfortunately, I don't believe this has a capability to finalize a VCD so it will play on a DVD player. I also have Pinnacle Easy CD/DVD. It will finalize but I don't find it a pleasure to use and it grabs my CD/DVD writer when it is installed and I can't seem to get it to let go of it to use in other programs. Is there any way around this? Does WMM finalize? Can I take a movie from WMM and transfer it into Pinnacle as a whole project and just finalize? Thanks for you suggestions.
Welcome to WorldStart bielsangelbabe,
I don't think Windows Movie Maker will make then into mpeg1's format, so they can be made into a vcd.
I used these 2 software when I made mine.
"With VideoImpression you can edit and combine your video files. New videos can be created using existing video, animation, and image files. Quickly and easily create desktop video presentations for use at home, business or on the internet."

Then you need something like NTI CD Maker Deluxesoftware to burn the mpegs1's into a cd to make the vcd to play on a dvd player.
Good Luck
Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land,
not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.