Old 06-30-2004, 09:31 AM
Major Member

Top half of my home page is missing!

I have xp and use comcast cable and the top half of my homepage has been gone for a couple months. The revolving pictures part on the top is the part that is gone. I work around it by adding google to my favorites,etc. But I would like it back! I have called them a couple times and they had me install any updated Java and Macromedia but it didn't help. The odd part is that my son has the same thing and he is also has xp and uses comcast cable. We both have laptops and it is fine on the laptop!
Mine was lost during a routine deleting of cookies and history.
thanks, daisy
Old 06-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Giddy Up!

Do you mean the browser (Internet Explorer) toolbar is different, but the homepage is the same?

Virus Infections/Hijacked?

Old 06-30-2004, 10:15 AM
Retired Computer Techo

Can you do a screen shot of it and post it back to us please?
2.67 GHz Intel Core2 Quad 2GB RAM, 150GB + 500GB + 2TB SATA + 1TB Ext, DVD-RW, WinXP Pro (SP3), IE7, Avira, Outpost Firewall, Nero 7, Office XP. Cable. Pics of my Radar & Parrish now retired therapy dogs below.
Google is your friend

Old 06-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Major Member

I have that bar at the top that has all the stuff on it ~ like the favorites, the envelope to open OE ,printer, note pad etc. That is fine!

My comcast has a section that has "revolving" pictures of current news events, etc. And the search bar is there too. I have all the rest of items but no pictures and no search bar. They said it is "written" in a different computer language like macromedia or Java. I had those but they had me go to thosae web sites and re-do them. It didn't help.

Editing to say that I have no idea how to do the screen shot. Sorry. Those "dummy" books had me in mind!!
Old 06-30-2004, 12:13 PM

Location: Old Californian using Windows 7 64bit, Firefox, Chrome, Torch, IE 11 & cable.
Thanks to Brett for this link which should help if you have a java problem - which it sounds like you do.
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers_9.htm#java2

Click Here to view latest edition