Go Back   WorldStart Tech & Computer Help Forums > PC Ask and Answer Questions

Old 02-09-2005, 12:29 PM

Configure problem? Foot pedal still does not work

I'm sorry to bother ya'll again with this problem, but I still cannot get my foot pedal to work. Here is the scoop. I have a compaq presario, Windows XP and word 2003. I use the foot pedal to play voice files. I have a pedal that is a 9-pin, Olympus RS23 that I have an adapter for and plugged into the USB port on the front of my puter. I have a second pedal (there is no name or model on this one) also 9-pin plugged into the back of my puter. These 2 do not play. I have a third pedal plugged into another USB port that I use with the software Bytescribe, this one does work. I do NOT need software for the pedal, but I get a message that says "gameport or driver not configured/detected". I have chaned the the setting from USB to Com1, Com2, etc. When it is set to Com2, it tells me to hit the play button on the pedal. I do and nothing happens. What can I do? Any suggestions.

thanks for your help
Becky
Old 02-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Larry

Could those two that aren't working be pluged in to usb 1 and need usb 2
switch where you are pluging them in.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Almost Really Old Member

It really is hard to find info on this item because I guess it is fairly new but one thing I did find was this is for a computer running DSS Player Pro or DSS Player 2002 software. Is this the transcribing software that you use? I also found a few websites you might go to for more information:

1. Dell Inspiron N5040;
Windows 7 64bit SP1
IE11;WLM2012; Firefox v.31.0

2.Dell Inspiron N7010; Windows 7 64bit SP1
IE11;WLM2012; Firefox v.31.0
Cable/Wireless
Avira Free; Windows Firewall; SpywareBlaster;
MBA-M; SpyBot;SAS

System Restore

Stick with the Clean up
Old 02-09-2005, 07:40 PM
A proud grandfather - #9

The subject of this post reminded me of the old joke about a new PC owner who called help desk support complaining that the foot pedal on her new computer did not work.

She had the mouse on the floor. She was used to a sewing machine.

DRD
Old 02-10-2005, 11:28 AM

That is funny, but I do know where my mouse and foot pedal go and the foot pedal on my sewing machine hehe

Yes, the Olympus foot pedal does run with DSS software. This pedal works fine on my other computer which is win 98. I have to use a platform called Editscript and this requires the 9-pin pedal so the DSS software is not involved at all with this. Now, when I hook up the 9-pin to my win 98 computer, it works fine, but not on the XP. I have even tried putting an adapter on it so I could plug it into a USB port and still nothing.I tried both USB ports. But, my pedal that I use for my bytescribe software, does work in both of those USB ports. (I hope this is not too confusing) I have tried switching setting from Com1 to 2, 3, and 4 when plugged directly into the serial port and still nothing. GRRR