Old 02-21-2006, 07:27 AM

Convert signature to JPEG file

The problem I have may have been addressed before and I might have missed it. I scanned my manager's signature so I would be able to use it when I send an "electronic" message to Head Start Directors in Region IV using our official letterhead. I scanned the signature and saved it as a JPEG file; however, when I insert the signature into the Email it has a "shadow or gray shaded" block around it. I have tried to "ungroup" the block so I may be able to remove the "gray color block" and just have a "CLEAR" signature, but I am unable to do this.

If possible, would you be able to tell me how to create a "CLEAR" signature without the "gray" background surrounding the signature? THANK YOU in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide regarding this matter.

Enjoy your day,
Ada Ruth
Old 02-21-2006, 10:21 AM

Open the signature in Microsoft Paint ( a program which is already on your computer) and clean it up either with the Spray Can or the Brush.

If you have PSP with Animation 3 it is even easier to clean up. However, this is a commercial program.

Bob's Tutorials

"Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well."
Peter Ustinov
Old 02-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Major Member

This is one of many tutorials that Linda has created. She uses free sites to manipulate the images, and create graphics. It is also a great site.

http://www.mypcclinic.com/content/view/121/86/

Win 8.1, 64 Bit, i5-4440 Quad Core, Kingston 240 GB SSHD, Seagate 1 TB Sata HD, WD 400 External, Win Firewall, Avast, MBA-M, Spybot, SAS, Spyware Blaster,
Old 02-21-2006, 05:56 PM

Ada Ruth, if you have IrfanView save your image as a GIF, not jpeg, and open in IrfanView.
Instructions for setting transparency here http://www.crosswinds-cadre.net/?page=trans_irfview

The attached sig of mine was done this way
Attached Images
File Type: gif small_Untitled1_8474 trans.gif (1.8 KB, 57 views)
Email: Windows Live Mail
Antivirus: Avira Free
Laptop: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Old 02-21-2006, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaruth
The problem I have may have been addressed before and I might have missed it. I scanned my manager's signature so I would be able to use it when I send an "electronic" message to Head Start Directors in Region IV using our official letterhead. I scanned the signature and saved it as a JPEG file; however, when I insert the signature into the Email it has a "shadow or gray shaded" block around it. I have tried to "ungroup" the block so I may be able to remove the "gray color block" and just have a "CLEAR" signature, but I am unable to do this.

If possible, would you be able to tell me how to create a "CLEAR" signature without the "gray" background surrounding the signature? THANK YOU in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide regarding this matter.

Enjoy your day,
Ada Ruth
I did mine in MS Word. Once you get it in there, right clik on it, highlight box will appear, right clik, Format, you want No Fill and No Lines. Save and close.
Ready to use. I also like the idea that I can make it any size to fit any form.
O/S-98SE - AMD 950, 256RAM, 2Hard Drives(10 & 4), IE 6.1 on Cable, Backpack CD-RW/Software-Eazy CD Creator, Hp722c Ptr, HP 4100C Scanner, GoBack for Restore, Email-Outlook Express, FW-Zone Alarm, AV-Zone Alarm, Spy Checkers-SpyBot, AdAware, SpywareBlaster